Steel Shed Makes Your Space Ergonomic
A steel shed is a vital construction both for a homestead land and enterprise plot. It’s a perfect place to keep building materials, household equipment, tools, outdoor furniture, seedlings etc. Fortunately, you shouldn’t build a shed yourself. Modern industry produces perfect ready-made solutions which should be just assembled and installed in the right place. Even a non-professional can cope with such construction. However, there are some necessary tips concerning the choice and installation of steel sheds. So, let’s dive in.
What is it used for
Steel sheds are often bought for the following purposes:
• Hand and electric tools and equipment storage
• Keeping garden equipment (lawn mowers, tillers, mini tractors) as well as bicycles, motorcycles etc.
• Pumps accommodation
• For covering wells and vegetable stores to keep them from contamination
• As a rabbitry or chicken house.
The advantages of galvanised steel sheds
• The installation easiness and speed characterize steel sheds.
• The special anti-corrosion coating provides the durability of the surface.
• Such metal is solid and fire-safe.
• The sheds can come equipped with sliding doors and air vents.
• They do not require regular maintenance and painting. The surface is elementary to wash.
• Most models have a charming look and will match your design.
Main tips to choose the perfect steel shed
Choose the shed size according to your requirements. Will you use it for storing some tools or you search a shed to make a small workshop there? How much and what kind of equipment do you have? Consider these issues before purchasing a shed.
Material and coating
This is one of the main characteristics of the construction. First of all, the shed should have a rigid framework. This directly affects the stability both to mechanical and natural influences. The rigid design ensures reliable bonding of steel sheets, the absence of vibration, providing the overall reliability of the structure.
Concerning the material of the walls, there are practically no alternatives here. The most robust and secure constructions are made of steel. However, the quality of the coating is crucial. Galvanization method of steel coating is considered to be the most durable in the production of metal constructions. As a rule, some manufacturers offer galvanised shed with additional powder coating for higher durability. Such models are more expensive, but they will serve you for decades without any sign of corrosion or damage.
Useful options and accessories
After you’ve chosen the model you like, you can add some optional features for the construction durability and convenience. At first, be sure to make a stable base for your shed. You can use a particular lattice framework ensuring the stability. As a finishing, you can use wood or plywood.
You can also equip your shed with mounted shelves to store different tools, consumables, and utensils. It is not recommended to store cement on the floor, as it can become damp, no matter how reliable the shed is. So, the shelves or top chests with drawers are extremely important to make the space ergonomic.
Choosing a place for a shed
First of all, you should take into account the location of other buildings. The shed is usually installed behind the house or in the garden. The construction site must be flat, not located in a valley. Otherwise, the rainwater will be accumulated around the construction and will reduce its lifespan.
The site for construction should be prepared thoroughly. First of all the area should be cleaned and the soil removed for at least 20 inches. The right base is a matter of great importance, so make it considering all the building rules.
Our Triace online shop offers perfect galvanised steel sheds suitable for various purposes. Sealey constructions are well known for their durability. The steel sheets can be easily screwed and riveted even by an inexperienced person. Choose a model you need in our catalogue or contact us if you have some questions concerning our products.
- Sump Plug & Washer Assortment 534pc€96.06 €78.10
- Brake Spring Washer Tool Double End€12.79 €10.40
- Professional Pressure Washer 150bar with TSS & Nozzle Set 230V€1,706.56 €1,387.45
- Stud Welding Washer 8 x 15 x 1.5mm Pack of 500€8.61 €7.00