6 tips for pressure washing your fleetTriace
If your business operates a fleet of vehicles, then you’ll understand that they’re more than just a means of transporting products. They’re moving advertisements too. A well placed design on the side of your cars can push your business to thousands as they traverse the roads.
But over time, they can pick up a lot of dirt and grime. And this dirt can hide your advertisement and reflect badly on your business. That mean you need to utilise fleet pressure washing. Below we’ve put together some tips to help you make the most out of your flee clean.
- If there are any areas of the vehicle that are covered in grease and oil, then you’ll want to soak these in a degreasing solution before you start. Under the hood is often an area that has a build up of grime, so check there first.
- Get your hands on a pressure washer. This is going to be your tool of choice when cleaning your fleet, especially if you’re cleaning trucks. Here at Triace we have a variety of washers all varying in strength.
- Now you’ve got hold of the pressure washer give the vehicle a rinse.
- Remember to work in sections. It’ll make the job a lot easier, especially for larger vehicles. Apply soap and then leave it for around 5 minutes. Don’t let it dry completely otherwise you’ll find it starts to streak. After the 5 minutes, wash from top to bottom and make sure that every section is thoroughly rinsed.
- Stick to environmentally friendly pressure washing chemicals. The presence of chemicals in your pressure washer will help create a much cleaner finish. But make sure you pick up earth-friendly chemicals. Non-biodegradable chemicals could poison local species.
- Get the right extensions. If you’re cleaning taller vehicles then you won’t be able to reach the top without assistance. And you might be tempted to set some ladders up. But this could prove dangerous around a wet surface. Purchasing the right pressure washer attachment will allow you to reach those difficult places.
If you would like advice on the right attachments or a pressure washer that’s up to the job get in touch! We’re always happy to help!