A Band Saw is Essential for Your ProductionTriace
If you deal with production, associated with processing, cutting and other works, a power band saw is an essential unit for you. It provides an excellent opportunity to cut various materials, including non-ferrous and ferrous metals, cast iron and stainless steel. A good band saw is even capable to cut such hard alloys as nickel, titanium, structural steel, as well as high-alloyed ones. However, these machines are also used for operations with plastic, wood, composite materials. The equipment is successfully used in furniture production, cutting both large thick boards and small parts.
As a rule, a power band saw operates due to a belt, located between two flywheels. When the machine is turned on, the belt is set in motion and an operator can load the material for cutting. Modern industrial band saws make precise cuts, due to equivalent pressure distribution in the working process.
Since the motion and pressure are invariably directed to the desktop, there is no risk of recoil and ejection towards the operator. For this reason, the masters usually prefer a band saw to a circular one.
The main advantages
The modern market offers a range of similar machines and tools, but the band saws definitely have many advantages:
- Makes it possible to carry out a wide variety of cuts for details that are up to 400 millimetres thick;
- Allows to handle the most difficult tasks;
- A band saw can be used for curved sawing;
- In the course of work, a minimum of waste is formed and the cut itself is even and clean and does not require any grinding;
- A band saw has a small footprint. Moreover, special ergonomic models are perfect for small workshops and private garages. They are easy to install and don’t require special lifting equipment;
- A high-quality band saw produces very little noise, bringing no discomfort to the operator and other workers. This feature is essential if the workshop is located in a residential area.
How to choose a perfect band saw
So, what kind of band sawing equipment to choose? The answer depends on the material to be cut and operation conditions. We will give you the main points to pay attention to before choosing a machine.
- Choose a band saw according to the type of material to be processed. For example, carbon saw matches steel, carbide material is good work working with cast iron, titanium and nickel.
- Another important characteristic is the drive power and speed control. If you buy a band saw for your household needs, 300-500 W is quite enough. More powerful devices (1000 W and more) are excellent for workshops, small and average production. Concerning speed control, it is a perfect feature for both home units and industry.
- Manual or automatic control. With manual control, the operator lifts the cutting frame and clamps the material or part in a vice. In the case of automatic control, the program is set, making all the processes free from human involvement.
- The degree of frame/table/vice rotation is an important and very convenient feature to make your production more efficient.
- The cooling function helps to lower the temperature during the process of feeding water emulsion to the place of the greatest friction. An additional advantage of the cooling feature is that the filings and waste are washed away and not spread far from the production area.
- The automatic stop is also essential for all types of band saws.
Triace online shop is an official dealer of Sealey equipment in the UK. We have a large choice of various tools and machines for your business or home. All our goods are provided with an official warranty and service. If you still have some doubts about the equipment to buy, please feel free to contact our managers right now to get a competent answer.